Indian batting legend and cricket star Sachin Tendulkar has turned 46 today, and friends and fans have taken to social media to wish the maestro on his special day.
— Abhishek Bachchan (@juniorbachchan) April 24, 2019
Happy birthday to the legend of legends @sachin_rt 🤡👏🤩
— Shahid Kapoor (@shahidkapoor) April 24, 2019
Wish you a very Happy B'day Paaji, have a great year ahead. @sachin_rt 😊
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) April 24, 2019
Here's wishing the Master Blaster a very happy birthday 🎂🍰
On this special day, we take a look at his iconic ODI double ton against South Africa 👏👏
— BCCI (@BCCI) April 24, 2019
For all the cricket lovers Sachin is name that needs no introduction. His triumphs are validated worldwide and his records are unbeatable so far. While the Master Blaster celebrates his birthday with his friends and family, we have here 10 interesting facts about him. By the way, not all of them are about cricket though!
- Sachin loves Wada Pau, an Indian street food, so much so that he calls it his weakness.
- He is a fan of Kishore Kumar and rock group Dire Straits.
- Sachin is extremely possessive about his Ferrari, to the extent that his wife Anjali cannot drive it. Interestingly, his first ever car was a Maruti-800.
- Turns out his car isn’t his only passionate possession; in his junior days he used to sleep with his cricket gear on – talk about love!
- Just before his retirement in 2013, he was awarded Bharat Ratna Award. This made him the first active sportsperson to receive the award.
- To date, Sachin is the youngest cricketer to score a 1000 runs in test cricket format and also holds the World Cup record for most number of centuries and half centuries.
- Tendulkar has a record for scoring the maximum centuries in a calendar year. He scored 9 centuries in 1998.
- Sachin worked in a sticking plaster advertisement as his first one on the television.
- He also loves collecting perfumes and watches.
- Sachin is the first active cricketer in India to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.